It wasn't that difficult cause we had to prepare the child's progress reports before hand. So it's just explaining the progress report to parents and hearing about the concerns they have for their children. The parent I spoke to was SOOOOO nice. So she didn't ask too many questions or give any problems that I cannot handle. And my senior teacher helped me along the way too. I heard a lot from the therapists about other children and listening to them helped me understand children with autism better and know what things I can do with different children.
I am truly thankful to God for guiding me and blessing me through these 2.5 months of work. Time really flies and I really have to give all glory back to God. I have great colleagues who always answer my silly silly questions and have my back. I know I can count on them for help. I worried about difficult parents. And though I do have a couple of parents that are difficult but so far, they haven't given me problems that make me want to scream and cry. I can still manage it all quite well. Somehow, I don't feel stressed working in Rainbow. And I'm looking forward to doing more things at work and feeling more "exploited of" at work. I want to make use of the skills and knowledge I've learned from Wheelock and Church to do more - more for colleagues, parents and children. Wheelock's mission is to improve the lives of children and families. I want to be able to do that in Rainbow too. I pray that God will allow me to become that agent of change in Rainbow.
But for now, I just hope I can pass my probation, which my colleagues say sure can.. But I'm afraid I don't meet the standard they have set for me. Maybe the standards are set by myself.. haha...
p.s. I think I lost the notebook that has all my Chiang Mai stuff......
1 comment:
<3
Post a Comment