Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Fang, Chiang Mai - Thailand

It's been 5 days since I've come back from Chiang Mai, Thailand. For people who don't know, I went to Chiang Mai with Isabella (a good friend from Wheelock), volunteering at an orphanage in a small town called Fang. Christians call this kinda trip, Mission Trip. The orphanage is called New Sky Home 新天之家.

In Fang, we taught English in a public school, Nong Yao School, and also taught younger children from New Sky too. We taught English with the pretext of being part of New Sky. New Sky has been sending short term missionaries to Nong Yao to teach English. The whole purpose is to build a good relationship with the school so as to provide opportunities to share the Gospel in the future.

I truly enjoyed the mission trip to Fang and I've learnt so much from the children and the teachers there. There are so many stories to tell and so many lessons to share. And I've decided to type out happenings of everyday there for you here on my blog. And as you read these posts, I hope that you will realize how blessed we are here in Singapore and how God is so wonderfully working in Thailand and also here in Singapore.

As I mentioned, it's been 5 days since I'm back from Chiang Mai. And Isabella has already started work. So now that I'm back from Chiang Mai, there are a few things I need to do.
1. Unpack my luggage
2. Pack my table and cupboard
3. Write out my testimony (To be sent to Thailand and shared in TWPC)
4. Prepare my sharing for Sunday
5. Go back to Wheelock office to visit David, Susan, Rajes, Peh Sun and get my recommendation letter
6. Send in my resumes to potential employers
7. Make a system for YZ DG materials
8. Reorganize my portfolio

Look forward for more posts about my trip to Fang, Chiang Mai.

With Love, En

No comments: