Friday night turned out to be a pleasant surprise!!
I attended a second commissioning ball. But this time it's not Ben's. It's the batch after his batch. They invited him and some other 'sirs' to join the ball. I wasn't supposed to go, Chio was. (Chio is a good friend of Ben.) But cause it was Chio's niece's first birthday so someone had to replace him and that's me.
So since it's next batch of officers' ball, i didn't expect much from the night. The table where we were seated at was with Ben's friends and these officers have already commissioned long ago. So I've heard about these ppl. And it's a quite sad table. Shan't elaborate on it. I thought it would be a little awkward and uncomfortable. But it ended out fine.
When we reached Rasa Sentosa Resort, Ben had to change to his number 2. I think that's what it's called. It's some super formal suit which you can see in his friendster photo. Anyway, while he was changing in the room, i was waiting for him downstairs at the lobby with a newly-commissioned officer's date. She's really pretty and tall. Was chatting with her and we took a couple of photos. She's gonna be one of the girls holding the flags for F1 here in Singapore!!! Cool eh? So i made a new friend.
Then Ben and i were walking around and he was introducing me to some of the ppl he knew and all. And guess what!!! LI XIN was at the commissioning ball too!!! She came cause her ex-tuition friend couldn't find anyone, or so she says!!! I was so shocked and happy to see her that i kinda reacted quite a bit. Haha!!! Funny thing is i was match making her with Chio. Can you imagine if Chio was around instead of me and they meet each other? Especially since Ben and Xin have seen each other before. HAHA!!! But it was nice to have someone familiar at the ball. Oh, Xin got lucky and won an Ipod shuffle!!!!
All in all, i think Ben's commissioning ball was better than this one. Comparing food, games, MC, prizes. Ben's one was better. Maybe i'm bias cause he was the in charge of his. Haha. Whatever the case is, it was still enjoyable!! Will upload the photos soon. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment